After testing various electric foil board’s on the market, we have found an extremely well performing/well priced E-foil for the New Zealand market. The Waydoo Flyer.
The board is well balanced with the foil. The power is very smooth on the hand remote. All parts & electronics are of the highest quality materials & with DJI as a backer you have to have some trust in this product.
The main thing for us was the flight time with the battery, the Flyer manages to get around 40 – 70 min flight time depending on weight/usage etc. There are 5 power settings on the hand remote & a very accurate main battery power indicator.
This particular company caught our attention as they have an aircraft/electronic background (essentially what an e-foil is) & needs. With DJI as a backer this company has some solid credibility.
Learning to E-foil:
- Firstly get the feel of the throttle control by lying or in a kneeling position.
- Once you have a good feel for how the power throttle works & how stable the board is at slow speeds, slowly increase power until you are comfortable enough to stand.
- Once you are planing on flat water there is a very fine line between up on the foil or on the water.
- Put a little more weight on your back foot & feel the board lift out of the water & start to fly on the wing. At the same time level out by putting some weight on your front foot.
- Your flying! Remember it can take some time to get the feel for foiling. Be patient, its all worth it & once you have it you don’t loose it!
6,000 W motor which is supposed to be good for 35 km/h
Samsung 18650 lithium batteries offer a run time of 40-60 minutes. Charging time 2 hours.
The remote control has LED indicators for battery power and speed level. The speed level can next to throttle also be controlled with 2 buttons (plus and minus).
15kg without battery & 28kg with
5’5″ @ 100L
Maintenance & Care
- Spray all electronics with corrosionX provided
- Coat all crews/bolts with Tef-Gel provided
- Rinse EVERY time after use with fresh water, especially around the motor & water cooling holes
- When coming into the beach from the foil, slowly de-power the foil until entirely off the foil & slowly cruise in towards beach & climb off the board & lift the foil so that you don;t scratch the carbon wing on sand/shells. Lift with on ehand on the handle & one on the fuselage. Do not drag foil up the beach ever. Always lift & place on soft ground (grass etc) Treat it like your first epoxy surfboard!
- Use electric foil with common sense. Do not foil in shallow water. Always walk out to a suitable depth to that there is at least 1 foot of water under the foil when taking off.
- Look out for other water users & always check your surroundings!
Once we receive your order please allow 14 days shipping to your door!